This is a bootable USB thumb drive with the most recognizable and user-friendly Linux Operating System – Ubuntu! Comes in 32 bit and 64 bit, including Ubuntu Server! Ubuntu includes software for everyday computing - Office Suite, Web Browsers, Video, Photo Editing, Multimedia, Games and so much more! Includes lifetime free updates and multi-language support. Install or Run directly from USB alongside Windows or Apple MAC OS X Live!
Boot Repair Disk is also included on the USB as a bonus, Boot Repair Disk - is a live CD that repairs multiple Linux distributions. Boot-Repair Disk repairs the GRUB boot loader of Linux and can repair multiple editions of Microsoft Windows operating systems. Boot-Repair-Disk serves as a free recovery disk with a one-click repair design system. It does not require internet connection to run!
Linux Operating Systems Included (PC and Apple MAC bootable):
- Linux Ubuntu Focal Fossa Desktop 20.04
- Linux Ubuntu Focal Fossa Server 20.04
- Linux Ubuntu Disco Dingo Desktop 19.04
- Linux Ubuntu Disco Dingo Server 19.04
- Boot Repair Disk Windows/Linux
INSTRUCTIONS: How to boot with USB drive:
(it may sometimes not boot or give errors when trying to boot into utilities, in such case, please shut down the computer, then try booting with USB again)
Apple MAC / Macintosh
- Turn on the computer and immediately hold Option / Alt key, then select: “Windows”
PC / Windows
- Restart your computer and wait for that first screen to pop up. Often, it'll say something like "Press F12 to Choose Boot Device" somewhere on the screen. Start tapping that key. If for any reason it won’t work – restart your PC and try again.
- Please note, for different computer brands, there may be different key for triggering the boot medium: The key is usually "F1," F2," F10," "Del" or "Esc.", here is the list of common brands and the corresponding boot menu keys:
>> ACER: Esc, F9, F12
>> Apple: Option / Alt key
>> ASUS: Esc, F8
>> COMPAQ: Esc, F9
>> DELL: F12
>> EMACHINES: F12
>> HP: Esc, F9
>> INTEL: F10
>> IBM LENOVO: F12 (or Fn+F12), F10, F8
>> NEC: F5
>> PACKARD BELL: F8
>> SAMSUNG: Esc, F12
>> SONY: F10, F11
>> TOSHIBA: F12
- Once the menu comes up, select the USB option and press Enter.
It may show: “Press any key to boot from USB” during which you have several seconds to press any key to continue - please observe the computer screen if it asks for it.
Once it boots to the main menu, select Linux Distributions -> to install/run live Ubuntu Operating Systems or select System Tools -> to run Boot Repair Disk.
You can install Linux alongside Windows (Please note: Sometimes you need to Shrink the C:\ drive for some unallocated space in Windows first, before you can install Linux alongside! You can find instructions on how to do it HERE) and Apple MAC OS X (there is some advanced knowledge required to actually install Linux alongside Apple MAC OS X, but you can easily use it live (Desktop version only, Server – you have to install!) with the USB plugged in)! You can also install as many operating systems as you want. With multiple operating systems – at the initial boot it will give you a menu where you can select which operating system you want to boot. (You can as well erase the hard drive and install each OS as the only one)
More INFO about Linux Ubuntu HERE!